Northside General Cargo Terminal
- Dockside rail or truck transfer capability
- 122,000 ft2 of shipside covered storage
- 48-foot wide canopy over double rail tracks at the rear of Dock 9 warehouse
- Roll-On/Roll-Off ramp designed to handle bow or stern ramp vessels
- Over 120 acres of open storage and industrial development area
The Northside General Cargo Terminal is approximately one mile from Interstate 37 and U.S. Highway 181offering fast, uncongested access. Cargo can be transferred on the docks directly between trucks and vessels, or easily loaded or unloaded from trucks on the landside of the warehouses at Docks 9 and 10.
Rail service is provided by three carriers: Burlington Northern Santa Fe, Kansas City Southern Railway and Union Pacific Railroad. Three shipside tracks on Dock 9 and double shipside tracks on Dock 12 allow for direct transfers between vessels and railcars. At Dock 9, a 48-foot wide canopy over double rail tracks at the rear of the warehouse make it ideal for weather-sensitive cargoes.
Inland Waterway System
The Corpus Christi Ship Channel intersects the Gulf Intercoastal Waterway providing direct access to the U.S. inland waterway system.
Storage and Industrial Development Sites
The Northside of the ship channel includes over 120 acres of open storage area which can be used for marshalling, storage and fabrication. A seven-acre, surfaced storage pad is located adjacent to Docks 9, 10 and the RO/RO ramp.
Southside General Cargo Terminal
- Dock 8, the strongest open wharf on the Gulf of Mexico
- Docks 14 and 15, multi-purpose cargo facilities with dockside covered storage
- Over 23 acres of open storage directly adjacent to Dock 8
- Dockside rail transfer capability
- General purpose bagging facility and seed treating plant
- Additional storage, staging, and rail capabilities accessible at Al Speight Rail Yard
The Southside General Cargo Terminal features a full range of facilities for transferring containers, break bulk cargo, RO/RO, heavy lift and project cargo between vessels, railcars, chassis and trucks. Docks 14 & 15 are designed to facilitate loading and unloading of railcars, trailers and containers on the landside of the warehouses. Dock high aprons and RO/RO facilities are available. Over 20,000 ft. (6154 meters) of track are available to support rail operations.
Rail and Highway Access
The Southside General Cargo Docks are located one mile from Interstate Highway 37 and U.S. Highway 181, with access via wide, uncongested routes. Rail service is provided by three carriers: Burlington Northern Santa Fe, Kansas City Southern Railway and Union Pacific Railroad. On-dock rail tracks allow direct transfer between vessels and railcars. Docks 8, 14 & 15 are served by double rail tracks.
General Purpose Bagging Facility
Two high-speed bagging lines are located near Dock 15. The bagging plant can also be used for seed treatment and is fed from rail or truck hopper dump. Storage and Industrial Development Sites.